Remote controlled garage door openers are one of the best inventions ever made. They have been around for ages but only came into foray when the United States government made it mandatory to use them. This gave way to companies trying to launch advanced products and capture the market. And that is how the famed brands of today, i.e. Liftmaster, Genie, Craftsman, Chamberlain came into prominence.
These brands have been offering garage door openers with new innovative offerings. One such way is the ease of calibration via the remote control. With remote control, you can simply open or close your garage door without having to go over and manually intervene for it. Most of these remote control comes with pre-programming. However, in some cases, you may have to program your garage door yourself.
This brings us to today’s post. We’ve picked three different brands and their garage door openers for our post. Find out how you can program your garage door opener to your remote control and access it easily down below.
How to Program Liftmaster Garage Door Opener
The first pick is from Liftmaster, who are industry leaders when it comes to garage doors. Their garage door system comes with a remote control that can be easily programmed to activate and run on many devices. We’ll be taking a look at two different variations of Liftmaster’s in form of ‘Standard Liftmaster Remote Control’ and ‘Liftmaster Max Remote Control’. Read along.
Here is how to Program Standard Liftmaster Garage Door Opener
- Start by locating the ‘Learn’ button on the garage door opener on the side of the antenna. If you cannot access it straightway you can remove the light lens and access it. There’s a small LED beside the button that will help you identify it.
- You can also identify the button via the color scheme. The button will be either in red, orange, green, yellow, or purple color.
- Now press the button.
- Once you have pressed the button, wait for 30 seconds. Then press on the button of the remote that you want to configure your program on for three seconds. Release after pressing for three seconds.
- The LED indicator on the light will turn off and the operator lights on the garage door will blink simultaneously indicating that you successfully programmed the garage door opener.
How to Program Liftmaster Max Garage Door Opener
- Start by locating the program button on the garage door opener. You can locate the button by the following methods:
- For 895Max and 890Max models, you can find the button on your remote and press it with the help of a safety pin. This will light the LED and make it ready for programming.
- For the 877Max model, you can enter the * and # buttons in a sequence or simultaneously. This will make the lighted keys to flash. Keep on pressing until the flashing stops and becomes steady.
- For the 893Max¸ you can simply press the Program button placed on the back of the device. Pressing the button will activate it.
- Now press the button of your remote control and release it.
- The LED on the remote control will blink at first. Wait for it to stop. Once it has stopped you can slowly press and release the button again. Continue to do so until the light bulb blinks again.
- Now once the bulb blinks again, proceed to press any other button on your remote control.
How to Program Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Craftsman garage doors are another of the top choice products for any homeowner. These are part of the private-label devices designed by Chamberlain and sold by Sears. Here’s how you can program your craftsman garage door opener:
- Start by locating the ‘Learn’ button. You can find the same at the back of the mounted garage door opener along with a LED light on the side.
- Press on the button and release it. Once you press and release it, the LED light located on the side of the button will light up. It will take about 30 seconds for the light to go off. Wait for it.
- Now press and hold on to the top button of your remote control. If you find your remote having three buttons on the top, then choose any one of them.
- Head over to your mounted garage door opener and locate the ‘SRT’ button. Press on the button. Make sure that you are also holding down the button of your garage door while pressing on the ‘SRT’ button.
- Once you press on the button, wait for a few seconds for the indicator light to flash. If the light flashes, it means that you have successfully programmed your garage door opener.
How to Program Genie Garage Door Opener
Like all other garage door openers, Genie also packs its garage door opener with a remote control that can be programmed to run commands for your garage door. Although most of the pre-packed remote comes with pre-programmed. However, if you need to program it again, here’s how you can do it:
- Start by removing the battery’s film cover protecting it. You can simply pull it straight out.
- Now press on the program button for a couple of seconds. This will activate the LED light which will turn out blue.
- Then release the button. The LED light will turn out long purple.
- Now press the button on the remote twice and release it simultaneously. On the successful completion of the programming, the LED lights will flash.
- You can now access and open/close the garage door with a simple press of your remote control.
How to Program Chamberlain Garage Door Opener
Here is a quick video tutorial on how you can program Chamberlain’s Universal Remote Control Model KLIK3U to a Garage Door Opener.
Note: Keep in mind that each step has a maximum time limit of 30-seconds under which you have to complete it. Once it crosses 30-seconds you’ll have to restart the process.
The aforementioned steps can help you program your garage door opener and run it with ease. As you can see there’s not much involved in setting up and getting these up and running. Just follow the steps and you can control your garage door with ease via pressing your remote control.