Is your Genie garage door opener GICT390 giving you trouble because of a dead battery? Don’t worry, changing the battery is a simple task that you can easily do yourself. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of how to change the battery in your Genie garage door opener GICT390. So, let’s get started and have your garage door opener working again in no time!
How to Change the Battery in Genie Garage Door Opener GICT390
If you’re having trouble with your Genie garage door opener GICT390, a common issue could be a weak or dead battery. Changing the battery is a simple and cost-effective solution that can restore the functionality of your opener. In this guide, we’ll take you step-by-step through the process of changing the battery in a Genie garage door opener GICT390, ensuring that your opener is back up and running smoothly in no time.
Gather the Necessary Tools and Equipment
Before you begin, gather the following tools and equipment to ensure a smooth battery replacement process:
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Replacement battery (ensure it’s compatible with the Genie GICT390 opener)
Locate the Battery Compartment
To locate the battery compartment of your Genie GICT390 garage door opener, follow these steps:
- Stand directly under the garage door opener motor head.
- Look for a rectangular-shaped cover on the front of the motor head.
- Once you locate the cover, identify the small screw holding it in place.
Remove the Battery Compartment Cover
To remove the battery compartment cover, follow these steps:
- Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, loosen the screw holding the cover in place.
- Gently slide the cover off, revealing the battery compartment.
Replace the Battery
Now that you have access to the battery compartment, follow these steps to replace the battery:
- Identify the battery inside the compartment. It will be a small rectangular shape.
- Remove the old battery by gently lifting it out of the compartment.
- Take the replacement battery and ensure it’s oriented correctly. Match the positive (+) and negative (-) markings on the battery with the corresponding symbols inside the compartment.
- Slide the replacement battery into the compartment, making sure it is securely seated.
Reattach the Battery Compartment Cover
After replacing the battery, it’s time to reattach the battery compartment cover:
- Slide the cover back over the battery compartment.
- Using the Phillips-head screwdriver, tighten the screw to secure the cover in place.
Test the Garage Door Opener
Once you’ve completed the battery replacement process, it’s crucial to test the garage door opener to ensure it’s functioning correctly. Follow these steps to test the opener:
- Stand away from the garage door, ensuring you have a clear view of it.
- Press the remote control button to open or close the garage door.
- Observe the garage door’s movement and listen for any unusual sounds.
- If the garage door operates smoothly and without any issues, your battery replacement was successful.
Tips for Battery Longevity
To ensure the longevity of your Genie GICT390 garage door opener battery, consider implementing the following tips:
- Avoid exposing the opener to extreme temperatures, as it can accelerate battery drain.
- Regularly clean the battery contacts to maintain a good connection.
- Keep spare batteries on hand to avoid any inconvenience when the battery needs replacement.
- Consider using rechargeable batteries to reduce waste and save money over time.
Changing the battery in your Genie garage door opener GICT390 is a simple and important maintenance task that can restore the functionality of your opener. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you’ll be able to replace the battery with ease and get your garage door opener back up and running smoothly. Remember to test the opener after the battery replacement to ensure everything is working correctly. With proper care and maintenance, your Genie GICT390 opener will continue to provide reliable service for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the battery in my Genie garage door opener gict390?
To change the battery, follow these steps: 1. Locate the battery compartment on the back of the remote. 2. Use a small screwdriver to carefully pry open the compartment cover. 3. Remove the old battery and dispose of it properly. 4. Insert a new CR2032 coin cell battery with the positive (+) side facing up. 5. Close the compartment cover and make sure it snaps securely into place. Your remote should now have a fresh battery and be ready to use.
What type of battery does the Genie gict390 remote use?
The Genie gict390 remote uses a CR2032 coin cell battery. This type of battery is commonly available and can be found in most electronics or hardware stores. Make sure to replace the old battery with a new CR2032 battery to ensure proper functioning of your remote.
How often should I change the battery in my Genie gict390 remote?
The frequency of battery replacement depends on the usage of your Genie gict390 remote. On average, the battery lasts about 1-2 years. However, if you start experiencing reduced range or difficulty in opening or closing your garage door, it may be a sign that the battery needs to be replaced. Regularly checking the battery’s voltage using a multimeter can help you determine when it’s time for a replacement.
Can I use rechargeable batteries in my Genie gict390 remote?
Yes, you can use rechargeable batteries in your Genie gict390 remote. However, it’s important to note that rechargeable batteries typically have a slightly lower voltage than non-rechargeable ones. This may result in reduced range or performance of the remote. If you choose to use rechargeable batteries, make sure to fully charge them before inserting them into the remote. Keep in mind that rechargeable batteries may need to be replaced more frequently compared to non-rechargeable batteries.
What should I do if my Genie gict390 remote still doesn’t work after changing the battery?
If your Genie gict390 remote does not work even after changing the battery, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. First, ensure that the battery is inserted correctly and the compartment cover is securely closed. Check if there are any obstructions between the remote and the garage door opener that might be interfering with the signal. Additionally, make sure the remote is within range of the opener. If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to replace the remote or seek professional assistance.
To change the battery in your Genie garage door opener GICT390, follow these simple steps. Start by locating the battery compartment on the back of the remote. Use a small screwdriver to carefully pry open the compartment. Remove the old battery and replace it with a new one, making sure to match the positive and negative terminals correctly. Once the new battery is in place, close the compartment and test the remote to ensure it is working properly. Changing the battery in your Genie garage door opener GICT390 is a quick and easy process that will keep your remote functioning effectively.